U/S Sports Advisors (“Company”) is a creative sports marketing agency, helping companies and athletes maximize their potential. Our clients look for "game changing" approaches to their markets, and innovative ways to succeed. We've taken on assignments from industry leaders like American Honda and Honda Performance Development, change agents like the American Motorcyclist Association, emerging market champions like St. Vincent Sports Performance, and sports innovators like the National Basketball Players Association.
The Company currently operates a store for Honda Performance Development (The Honda Racing Store), and develops licensed merchandise for other clients. The Manager, Merchandise Sales will create and implement online sports merchandise sales programs, generating profit for the Company and its clients. We are looking for a motivated, highly experienced and enthusiastic individual with experience in product selection, merchandising, and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With the Director, Administration & Operations and contractors, develop, source and present licensed merchandise for the Company’s clients.
• Manage the Company’s fulfillment partner.
• Manage the Company’s merchandise suppliers and vendors.
• Manage inventory levels and make key decisions about inventory control.
• Negotiate merchandise buys and terms with suppliers.
• Create and input SKU numbers for merchandise.
• Prepare and manage work orders, purchase orders, and sales orders.
• Analyze sales information and forecast future sales volumes to determine merchandise assortment and maximize profits;
• Organize and implement special promotions and e-marketing efforts;
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have previous and successful experience in the above-mentioned duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college.
• Five (5) years experience in retail sales;
• Prior experience buying branded merchandise is a plus.
• Must have an entrepreneur’s mindset, a hands-on approach and a can-do attitude.
• Self motivated and enjoys working in a fast paced and results driven environment.
• Understands financial environment of online retail sales, including purchasing, decorating, price setting, shipping, and maintenance of adequate sales margins.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel; Basic knowledge of HTML a plus.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays;
• Excellent people skills; an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with customers as well as internal and external clients at all levels is a must;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment
• Computer literacy is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.